Wednesday, December 15, 2004

 

Bad NFL!

The NFL have signed a 5 Year exclusive deal with EA for the NFL's player names, teams and stadiums - Gamespot Article.

My initial reaction was to hate EA a little more (after the articles about the way they treat their development staff) - but this is really the fault of the NFL and NFLPA. Sure - they may be getting a little (lot) extra money in the short term, but it's really going to screw up the popular football game franchises.

EA must have spent a packet on this. For it to be profitable for the NFL - they must have paid more than the collective licensing agreements from each of the other companies.

I would be worried that the same thing might happen to my sport of choice (hockey) - but I've already got bigger things to worry about with that one!

Comments:
Do you follow the NBA at all?

 

Not really - don't get to see much of it over here (Australia). Though - I think the first sports video game I ever played was a basketball game - One on One: Dr. J vs Larry Bird. Brilliant game!

I used to play basketball as I'm kinda tall - but I was (am) shockingly bad. Last time I followed the NBA was when BJ Armstrong played for the Bulls (oh, and Jordan).

 

good god that's a long time ago! well being from canada i'm all about the Toronto Raptors but they haven't been doing so well in recent years and with vince carter possibly being traded, things don't look good.

 

I remember when the Raptors joined the league. I recall liking their jersey.

Are you also a Maple Leafs fan? For years I've wanted to live in Canada. Do you ice skate down the footpaths? ;)

 

yeah i'm a leafs fan, not a huge one though. i mean i love toronto and so desperately want a cup but it'll never happen. living in canada is pretty good. my only major gripe is the weather. during this time of year it's bloody cold! other than that though it's probably one of the best places in the world to live. i hear australia is brilliant though too. i think melbourne was number 1 on some ranking of the best cities in the world to live in a year or two back.

 

My old boss was a Leafs fan (from Canada) - so last season I had hoped they would win the Cup (as I knew my Penguins weren't about to do it - ha!).

Australia's pretty good - and Melbourne is great - but we've also got a weather problem. No matter the time of year - one hour it can be bloody hot - and the next it can be pissing down with rain. Generally known as "Melbourne Weather" - we get a lot of four season filled days!

Still - I'm pestering work to try to get a contract over in Canada - no matter how unlikely that is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?