Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Draw some shapes - WOW!

For the last 2 years I've been on the same project, providing support for an existing system. While I have made small / medium changes to the system, most of my time is spent dealing with problems to do with business logic.

As a result, I've decided to download JBuilder and stuff around with some math based programming.

I'm going to make a program that allows you to draw shapes (furniture) so that you can move them around and design a room. I've finished the drawing of shapes part - and thought I'd put it up here (I'll also post the source code when I get back home).

Click here for Shape Drawing Applet. It's very crappy at the moment, but it works and provides some basic options. When I tested that it was uploaded properly, I had already found one small bug - see if you can find it.

Let me know if there are any features / options that would make this program better (I'm already adding colour for the next version).

Comments:
nice program man. dag, i wish i knew how to program. i learned visual basic a long time ago but that's about it.

 

Thanks. It's pretty lame at the moment - but I hope to make it good. It will be very bloated though - because it's just a practice one. It will have a lot of features it doesn't need - just so I can figure out how to use them.

 

Firstly, welcome Bernard, how'd you stumble upon my site? I think you're the third person to view my Blog - my readership is growing exponentially ;)

As far as using using JBuilder - have you seen these pages? They're a set of howtos provided by Borland. They're for JBuilder 2005 (one version after JBuilder X), but there isn't much that has changed.

This site provides links to the same tutorials, but in a more organised fashion. For instance, this tutorial is a good introduction to the IDE.

If you're after actual paper books - I can't really help you out. I guess I should probably read through the tutorials myself. I usually just stuff around with a product until I've figured out how to use it. I'm probably missing a lot of useful features!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?