Monday, January 03, 2005

 

The Incredibles

I always spend a lot of money on movies in December, and this year was no different. I just came back from The Incredibles, the latest from Pixar Animation Studios - and their first to get a PG rating.

As the rating implied - this film was a little more mature than other Pixar movies. As it was mainly an action film, the extra violence assisted the story, and it was all very smoothly done considering it's an animated feature. While watching the gadgets and skills of the superheroes throughout the movie - the word "Cool" entered my mind on more than one occasion.

Voice acting was brilliant - Samuel L. Jackson was great as the suave Frozone, Holly Hunter's Southern accent made Mrs. Incredible's character likeable and an exceptional bad-guy performance was provided by Jason Lee.

I must say I was a little disappointed that this film wasn't as funny as the earlier Pixar stuff. I guess that would make sense as it was more of an Action film than a Family Film / Comedy. I also felt that it moved a little slowly through the first half - perhaps it took me a little time to get into it.

All in all I give it a 3.5 out of 5, a definite recommendation for kiddies.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?