Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Travel Log - Day 2 (Thanksgiving)

We went to bed early(ish) on day 1 because we wanted to get up early for the Thanksgiving Day Parade. We got to New York about 4 / 5 days earlier than originally planned so that we could catch this event (we figured we'd probably never be in New York around November for a while). I'm really glad we did - because, while corny, the parade was lots of fun. Oh, and I had sausage burritos from Maccas for breakfast - very nice!

Thanksgiving
The crowd was getting bored when nothing was happening. They were even cheering a policeman walking past at one point

Thanksgiving
Macy's was determined to ensure you remembered who's parade it was

Thanksgiving
The mascot is always the first balloon. I think Scooby smelt my left over burrito - because he's coming straight for us!

Thanksgiving
I was a little surprised at how excited I was by seeing the Sesame Street float...

Thanksgiving
... but there was something really cool about seeing the actual puppets...

Thanksgiving
... passing by in all their glory (even though they were probably operated by any old hacks)

Thanksgiving
I was happy Bell was quick enough to snap up Oscar

Thanksgiving
Sponge Bob was a crowd favourite...

Thanksgiving
... but couldn't compare with the action that Chicken Little demanded

Thanksgiving
I thought this was a pretty cool blast from the past


Super Grover is the man!


Now I know this dude is after my burrito!


Mr. Potato Head looked pretty happy...


... considering he left his spare nose behind


Garfield was one of Bell's favourites


The balloon that injured two of the crowds-people


Red knows that he screwed up!


While Santa officially ended the parade, I think this guy's classy mix of facial hair and rosy cheeks finished it for me

Afterwards we had some Wendy's (not too bad - but odd slogans on their packaging) and went into an American grocery store. The store was pretty cool - beer in the fridge, but no fresh fruit.


Do what tastes right - no matter how stupid it sounds

After a short nap, we had some dinner (mostly candy if I remember correctly) and went to sleep. Seeing a freaking huge blow-up Super Grover can make one tired.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?