Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Blogging from the lounge room

The 4 month anniversary of moving in to the new house was celebrated by two events: our house-warming party (which was great fun) and the installation of a wireless network. Not only am I never going to be stuck on dial-up again, but I am now blogging on my new Fujitsu Lifebook from the living room while watching "Australia's Brainiest Musician" (I guess I just assumed that Human Nature had broken up years ago).

I never really considered it before - but having Wikipedia handy while watching television is quite useful. I can also watch some gems like this during the ads.

One problem the laptop had given me was that I had wanted to start reading blogs whilst sitting around the house. I originally used Sharp Reader as my RSS aggregator (feed-reader) but I think I stopped using because it was crashing frequently. I have since used Sauce Reader (even after it was up for sale and stopped updating) and been very happy. But now I need to switch to a web-based feed-reader to synch my "read" blogs between my two computers. It was around this time that I discovered that Google had released Google Reader.

Easy to use (it allowed me to import the OPML from my current bloglist), nice keyboard shortcuts (good for laptops) and Google - suits me sir. And I've just now read an entry about C# jobs in New York - hmmm, I guess it's close to Pittsburgh!

Comments:
hahaha well said.

 

Yes, well - Scooby Doo can doo-doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?