Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Mad Skillz

I don't have any "mad skillz", though I wish I did. I used to play basketball as a youngster - and could barely contribute to the D grade team I was in. I tried my hands (and feet) to cricket and football as well - and equally sucked (I think I only played one game of football before "retiring").

Early in high school I gave aggressive inline skating a shot (inspired by the X Games). I enjoyed skating a lot, but after learning to jump small stairs and grind easy rails I peaked and kind of gave up on it. I didn't break any bones while skating - so I guess I came out even.

The only other field that I've shown some level of achievement is ice / inline hockey. I dominate in C grade - then only contribute in B grade. It may be because I have less time to practice / work out lately - or just that my level of skill is somewhere between C and B grades.

Other than that, I've had to rely on my dashing good looks, charming wit and blatant use of sarcasm to get ahead in this world ;)

These people, however, have skills (found on YouTube):

Urban Ninja


I am a huge fan of Ninjas - top stuff

Robot Dance


Crazy, silly, fresh. Probably a bit of a nerd - but great to watch

Vasek 00 (Footbag)


While it appears that this guy knows what he's doing - I didn't see a single Doda or Dizzy Dean!

College Mario Brother


The whole of 1-1 from Mario Brothers - performed by college kids

Evolution of Dance


Keep with this one - it started meaning more to me from the 3 minute mark.

Christmas Lights Gone Wild


Amazing Christmas lights display

Canon on Guitar


Pretty incredible!

Yoyo man!


He needs gloves - pussy!

While I'm sure the following video does involve some form of skill - I am in no way jealous!

Korean Madness


Comments:
ha ha - I have to agree with you on that one.

Same with the guy at the end of this one

(I forgot I was going to add it)

 

Amazing, I'd swear that was me 45 years ago. Except back then it was just called tangling your yo-yo, now it's a competition.

 

I think it's the un-tangling part that's difficult!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?