Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Merry (belated) Fishmas

I was cleaning out my camera phone (which I don't use very often at all) - and I found a few old photos.

Firstly, a bit of history. Apparently an Australian thing - my mother's been making Chocolate Ripple Cake for as long as I can remember. Very simple to do, you basically stick many chocolate biscuits together with a lot of cream, to form a long white cake (or "log"). A simple white log can get boring eventually, so my dear mum would make different letters / shapes out of the cake - to my varied amusement! For instance, she would bend the log into a giant "G" for my brother's birthday - and a huge "21" when it was his (or someone else's) 21st.

This practice must have struck a cord with me - because I remembered it all when Bell's mum asked me to help her with this year's Christmas deserts. I decided to make a tree:



Bell then suggested we decorate it - which turned out the be quite easy as her mum had every colour of sprinkles imaginable to man. Here's the final piece:



It's a pity I don't like eating Chocolate Ripple Log - as I doubt I'll get much of a chance to expand on my desert creativity!

Comments:
In the making? Does that suggest I have room for improvement - bah!

You're worried I'm turning? I guess I should be concerned then ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?