Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

I made the papers?

As indicated earlier I'm planning on taking a trip to America early next year to watch a few Penguins games. I didn't know whether I'd need to purchase the tickets through a third party, so I emailed the Pittsburgh Penguins ticket inquiries address. They told me that I would be able to purchase the tickets online from September and print off a barcode (which is good), and said they were honoured to have a fan from so far away.

So, two days later, as I was reading my source of Penguin's News, I came across the following article:
Sidney Crosby, in the, roughly, 87 hours since becoming inbound Penguins
property, already means this much to the local NHL franchise:

A guy called from Australia yesterday wanting
Penguins tickets.


A guy called from San Diego and purchased
a season-ticket package.

Now, I know I didn't actually call about the tickets - but I think that "guy from Australia" could be referring to me. Perhaps "an Australian called about Penguins tickets" was mis-communicated.

Anyway - I'll just assume it was about me :)

Comments:
Awesome!

Hey I know this is a little off topic but did you watch any of Wimbledon this year? Federer was a given but Venus was a little bit of a shock. Cheers!

 

Hey Nathan, I had thought my only reader had deserted me! At least now I'm not talking to myself ;)

Unfortunately I was working lots of hours over Wimbledon - but I did catch some of the games. I actually thought a Williams sister might have it this year - I don't know why. At least the female winner isn't quite so predictable as the mens!

So are you going to start blogging again? I notice the test post on your bemyenemy site. What happened to "the worst blog in the world"? It was a good read early on.

 

i just might start back up. i don't know if i'm gonna use blogger or something different though. i'll let you know when/if i do get things off the ground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?